Deployed Medicine is an innovative learning service developed to supplement the medical education and training of U.S. military personnel, although some of the medical content could be broadly applied for use by civilian medical providers. The information contained in this app is designed to serve as a supplementary resource to reinforce prior training, and to help you deliver high quality trauma care in deployed settings.
The medical content currently focuses on tactical combat casualty care (TCCC) training for combat medical personnel, and includes topics, such as hemorrhage control, airway management, hypothermia, pain control and care of wounds and splinting etc. TCCC focuses of providing the information you need to know to assess, treat and stabilize a patient at the point of injury.
Additional content will be added over time to cover a broad range of military trauma training resources ranging from the most basic training, suitable for non-medical military personnel, and more advanced material for doctors, nurses and physicians assistants.
• Pocket Guides offer short and compact learning modules.
• Videos from peers teach you “how-to” perform a skill in under 3 minutes, and other information.
• Podcasts provide key updates from experts.
• Reference Repository contains important reference materials or the “why” behind the techniques and information being taught.
• The app is designed to work online and offline to accommodate use in the field and while traveling abroad.
• In app alerts will keep you up-to-date and connected to the latest information.
The Deployed Medicine app was created by a multidisciplinary team of medical, learning and software engineers in close collaboration with U.S. military experts. All medical content contained in this app was reviewed and approved by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care, which is composed of trauma experts from across the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.
The Deployed Medicine app is a research and development effort sponsored by the Defense Health Agency in Falls Church, Virginia.
Deployed Medicine can be downloaded for both Apple and Android platforms on the respective App Stores.