This course is available through our alliance with Elite ADT. The Level 3 Certificate in Emergency Response Ambulance Driving has been developed to meet the
Career Transition Pathway to Emergency Medical Services
Apollus medical are offering a pathway to the private ambulance sector that is a growing industry year upon year supporting the NHS.
The private ambulance sector support the NHS around the UK to enhance the NHS capability and reduce pressure by providing personnel and vehicles to work along side the NHS Trust ambulances on a full and part time basis.
The ambulance services provided by the private sector include the following:
- Patient transport ambulance to transport patients to and from appointments at hospitals/medical centres where no treatment is required.
- Urgent care and high dependancy ambulance for non-emergency calls when it has been deemed appropriate for a patient to go an emergency department and clinical observations and monitoring are required but with minimal treatment.
- Frontline 999 emergency response ambulance to respond to all emergency calls and where emergency interventions and transport maybe required on blue lights.
Through the Qualsafe First Response Emergency Care (FREC) pathway and the Futurequals Certificate in Emergency Response Ambulance Driving (CERAD) qualifications Apollus Medical students can gain clinical experience and employment through medical event work, urgent care and or frontline 999 emergency response ambulance shifts with a defined career progression pathway. This pathway offers full and part time employment either as an employee or as self-employed basis where the successful applicant can work for any number of private providers offering a wide range of opportunities.
In addition to the ambulance service opportunities, successful students will also have the opportunity to work in the events sector to provide medical cover on events such as film/TV sets, motor sports, football clubs/matches, festivals, arenas/concerts.
Why not get paid to watch your favourite sporting event!
Apollus Medical provide students with a list of private ambulance providers who on all levels of care including frontline 999 emergency response in support of the NHS along with all event medical companies. This list will allow students to apply for full or part time shift work. Apollus Medical also offer interview preparations to ensure that you are fully prepared for a successful interview and entry into your exciting new career.
There are three levels to the training and qualifications along with career transition support that we offer:
- FREC 3 = Work on an urgent care ambulance for non-emergency calls and on medical events as a first responder
- FREC 3 + FREC 4 = work on an urgent care ambulance and medical events as a emergency first responder
- FREC 3 + FREC 4 + Level 3 Certificate Emergency Response Driving (Blue Lights) = Work on an urgent care ambulance, medical events and frontline 999 emergency response ambulance at the medical grade of ‘Emergency Care Assistant.’
- Interview preparation maximising a positive outcome to start your new career
- Apollus Medical also recommend joining the Health Practice Associates Council (HPA) The HPA can obtain an enhanced DBS Certificate that will speed up your employability and verify your credentials.
The QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC3) (RQF) qualification is an entry level qualification aimed at those with little or no medical experience.
The FREC 4 qualification is an Intermediate Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Course The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) is a regulated and nationally